- Quadriplegic uses her mind to control her robotic arm.
- DARPA robot can traverse an obstacle course.
- Genetically modified silk is stronger than steel.
- DNA was photographed for the first time.
- Invisibility cloak technology took a huge leap forward.
- Spray-on skin.
- James Cameron reached the deepest known point in the ocean.
- Stem cells could extend human life by over 100 years.
- 3-D printer creates full-size house in one session.
- Self-driving cars are legal in Nevada, Florida, and California.
- Voyager I leaves the solar system.
- Custom Jaw transplant created with 3-D printer.
- Rogue planet[s] floating through space.
- Chimera monkey’s created from multiple embryos.
- Artificial leaves generate electricity.
- Google goggles bring the internet everywhere.
- Higgs-Boson Particle discovery.
- Flexible, inexpensive solar panels challenge fossil fuel.
- Diamond planet discovered.
- Eye implants give sight to the blind.
- Wales barcodes DNA of every flowering plant species in the country.
- First unmanned commercial space flight docks with the ISS.
- Ultra-flexible “willow” glass will allow for curved electronic devices.
- NASA begins using robotic exoskeletons.
- Human brain is hacked.
- First planet with four suns discovered.
- Microsoft patented the “Holodeck”.
Learn more about each of these scientific break-throughs and discoveries here.
“It seems one dolphin can call another specifically by mimicking the distinct whistle of that other dolphin. “These whistles actually turned out to be names. They’re abstract names, which is unheard of in the animal kingdom beyond people.”“
Hi there, I tried to order one of your books through Amazon Marketplace, but I cannot as I live in the Republic of Ireland. The Book is Antony Gormley Drawing (Hardcover)by Anna Moszynska. Please can you tell me if it is possible to send it to me. Thank you. Regards, Ginny from Anonymous
Normally I might try to set something up, but it looks like there may have been some sort of mix-up. I don’t have any such book in stock, nor did I.
If you’d like to get in touch with me further, please shoot an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll see what else I can do to help.
1973: Thomas Pynchon pens countless song lyrics throughout ‘Gravity’s Rainbow’. 2012: Album drops via internet http://thomaspynchonfakebook.org